I was a poor poor art student when I decided to start a blog documenting the process of my paintings, photography, drawings and journaling. Now a recent art grad, not much has changed other than the label and maybe a change of scenery.

March 17, 2009

The Billboard





Almost there, is what I kept repeating to myself as I mixed paints. I was doing good, I had about 3 different palettes. The billboard, to which my father refers to it as, is for the most part done. In fact these pictures were taken about a week ago. This is mid-progress, or the 3rd layer of paint so to speak (base color, underpainting, actual painting). I have a few minor tweaks here and there...but I am glad to see the finish line finally. Would I ever paint this large again? Perhaps. But I don't think I would use as much paint, and I would suggest lines and use the canvas more. Overall, this baby was a good experience. I also like the reaction from people to 'Whoa, that's HUGE' or simply 'Wow.' I will post pictures of the final piece once I feel it is good enough to actually put on this blog. As for the title, I have been so consumed by the mark-making process, I haven't given it much thought. I don't want 'Untitled' because that's too vague. Yet, I don't want 'Dad in hospital bed, he's ok' because that's too direct/literal. I'm going to flush out some lists, yes list making is great. -K

No comments:

Post a Comment