I was a poor poor art student when I decided to start a blog documenting the process of my paintings, photography, drawings and journaling. Now a recent art grad, not much has changed other than the label and maybe a change of scenery.

May 17, 2009

Orange.




This is the second painting. This is the underpainting (the orange) with the image drawn on with paint, using a projector. I never really used to agree with that, however it allows me to not worry about proportions rather the application that will take place.

Goals for this painting and the previous one:
>allow the under painting to come through
>not over paint
>make a mark, leave it, think about whether to alter it or not
>focus on the part of the picture I like most (the figure) and create an ambiguous background (more line making, enough to suggest)

No comments:

Post a Comment