I was a poor poor art student when I decided to start a blog documenting the process of my paintings, photography, drawings and journaling. Now a recent art grad, not much has changed other than the label and maybe a change of scenery.

February 24, 2010



6 days, 6 nights
1.5' x 2', on canvas

Here is the final image of the painting of my dad and his family on their boat after escaping vietnam. i really enjoyed the process of this painting,from the sky to the waves of the water. for it being my first landscape i would say i succeeded. i am also happy with the idea of space and the sense of fear and hope that is instilled in the painting. in critique today, charlie mentioned that i give information to draw the viewer in, but after that i leave the choice to the viewer to decide what this painting's meaning is about. and i liked that comment and believe that's important as a painter. expect to see this in my senior show APRIL 6TH-9TH, 2010. that's right, that was a total plug in.

now, on to the next painting(s).

2 comments:

  1. This is great Kiley! I can't wait to see your show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete