I was a poor poor art student when I decided to start a blog documenting the process of my paintings, photography, drawings and journaling. Now a recent art grad, not much has changed other than the label and maybe a change of scenery.

February 28, 2010

more to see.

here are two other paintings i'm gonna try and do at the same time.....yeah, ambitious. but the underpaintings are done. i'm loving the faces i'm getting when i tell people my show is the beginning of april. c'mon people have some faith. either way i hope to have a good body of work for my show and my portfolio. i want to even do one more still-life.....


this is my dad shopping at an asian store......wild colors eh?






this is my grandma getting some green onion out of the fridge for the dinner she was making at night. i really wanted one portrait looking at the viewer, i feel eye contact is important, it's almost like she's caught in the act. and not being mean, but this underpainting reminds me of the artist who paints these dogs....no my grandma does not remind me of a dog, just the style.

No comments:

Post a Comment