I was a poor poor art student when I decided to start a blog documenting the process of my paintings, photography, drawings and journaling. Now a recent art grad, not much has changed other than the label and maybe a change of scenery.

March 29, 2010

according to tamara

today i had a quick chat with tamara, a painting professor here at stout.

we were talking about my paintings and my figures and the objects that are in the back. she said, you are definitely a still-life painter.

i thought about that, and i'm not sure when this happened. but i do enjoy painting objects and the details. this could've taken place:

a) when i painted my grandfather's boots, but was too determined to paint people?
b) when tamara assigned us last semester to paint something from life every day, i did little objects and slowly fell in love.
c) subconsciously when i was sleeping one night
d) all thee above

then i said (without thinking) i like painting objects because they're a more forgiving than the figure.

i'm so honest with myself sometimes it's scary. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment