I was a poor poor art student when I decided to start a blog documenting the process of my paintings, photography, drawings and journaling. Now a recent art grad, not much has changed other than the label and maybe a change of scenery.

March 17, 2010

take a hint.

today, my painting session was going downhill and i mentioned to my friend that maybe we should go to hoffman hills. she agreed and i said i would be home within 10 minutes. i told myself to clean up, but with my weapon in my hand the brush went to work again. this self-control thing probably isn't my forte, but who's judging?

anyways 15 minutes later, i let my friend know that hoffman hills is out of the picture at the moment. she of course was not surprised to hear my response, only to say i am indecisive and change my mind so often that she's gotten used to it.

ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the world of painting. that's how painting is too, indecisive and forever changing. one minute i'm painting and it's all going well, then a mark is made and it looks like a mistake, wait wait it can be saved only if i do this....dammit no....oh that looks good. that's constantly what i'm thinking in my head. a constant rollercoaster so to speak. just thought i'd share that.


i decided to put a picture since human beings are such visual creatures. no meaning behind it really.

No comments:

Post a Comment