I was a poor poor art student when I decided to start a blog documenting the process of my paintings, photography, drawings and journaling. Now a recent art grad, not much has changed other than the label and maybe a change of scenery.

September 15, 2010

late night thoughts

i've realized i'm a seasonal person. while some may relate that to my job position, it actually has to do with the environment i live in. for instance, i am happy when it's sunny and melancholy when it's rainy. i enjoy being out during the summer, footloose and carefree. and while i'm sad it's over and still don't want to come to terms with the fact that fall is here, i do realize i get more into a creative hibernation mode right around this time. it could be that my internal clock is programmed to school mode and right about now i'd be biting at the bit to come up with a concept to show for my first critique. however, i'm in central me time zone so i'm goin' my own pace. i'm just drawing and my skills are rusty without the reliance of a projector, but so far it's been a good challenge. i have the right music helping me along and i feel like i could get used to it.

the incubat'or.
reversed image via webcam.

this is about 1.5x2 ft big canvas that i made in the spring. i used rabbit skin glue seal coating the canvas without the use of gesso. it's a little uneven and now a tad dirty from the move, however i'm trying not to care. perfectionism isn't something i'm harping on this time around (at least not right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment