I was a poor poor art student when I decided to start a blog documenting the process of my paintings, photography, drawings and journaling. Now a recent art grad, not much has changed other than the label and maybe a change of scenery.

February 4, 2011

2011 UPDATE

a new year, a new month and i must say it's been a crazy start.

a quick update about my life is that I was recently offered an administrative assistant position at MCAD (minneapolis college of art and design) and will be starting in a week or so. i'm excited for this new transition and consider it to be a big step in my artistic career. while i won't use the word 'just' because it compromises the importance of the subject, many may think 'administrative assistant? more like secretary.' let me tell you something, it is hard getting into the art community, and not only that but getting paid for it (with benefits). now i get to work about something i care about and something i know i can progress and grow in. my goal is to meet other artists: grads, professors, visiting artists and gain inspiration from their talent. and being a shy-at-first person, another goal is to network and not let my traits hold me back. and also visit galleries, see shows and get to know more of the area of minneapolis....i know that i will be surrounded by art and artists and it will be a good change of pace since i need to start making work again...AND I SHALL.

after my 'take action' plan took place a month ago, things are going in the right direction. i look forward to posting some real posts, of real art work and real progressionnnnnnnnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment